2. UPOV makes every effort to ensure, but cannot and does not guarantee, and makes no warranties as to, the accuracy, accessibility, integrity and timeliness of this information. UPOV assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this site and further disclaims any liability of any nature for any loss howsoever caused in connection with using this website. UPOV may make changes to these materials at any time without notice.
3. Hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience only, and imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those other web sites on the part of UPOV. UPOV makes no warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, availability, reliability or content of such information, text, graphics and hyperlinks. UPOV has not tested any software located on other sites and does not make any representations as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
4. While UPOV makes every effort to ensure that any software available to be downloaded from UPOV's website is free of any software virus, it cannot guarantee that the material is free from any or all software viruses. UPOV is not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused by the software and related codes, including viruses and worms.
6. Nothing in or relating to this disclaimer or the UPOV website shall be deemed a waiver of any of the privileges and immunities customarily granted to international organizations and those provided in the Agreement between UPOV and the Swiss Federal Council to determine the legal status in Switzerland of that Union of November 17, 1983, including the implementation arrangement of the same date related thereto
1. What information does UPOV gather/track about you through its websites?
General Registration: During a free registration process for the use of certain pages of the UPOV website, access to certain UPOV services. UPOV may require you to supply an e-mail address and demographic information (address, country, zip code). Subscribers must be of an age such that, according to the laws in force in their country of residence the Disclaimer will be binding on the Subscriber. For this reason, UPOV reserves the right on occasion to request subscribers to disclose their date of birth.
Meetings and Conferences: For subsequent electronic correspondence concerning UPOV conferences and meetings, UPOV may request you to supply a unique subscriber ID assigned at the time of initial registration.
IP Addresses: UPOV also logs IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration, statistical and troubleshooting purposes.
2. What does UPOV do with the information?
Contact: UPOV may contact you regarding account status, to confirm registration and to advise you of changes to the system it considers major.
E-Mail: Using the e-mail addresses provided at registration, UPOV periodically sends promotional e-mail to its subscribers about services, public conferences and publications offered by UPOV.
Statistical Analysis: UPOV may perform statistical analyses of user behavior of its sites in order to measure interest in the various areas of its site.
3. With whom does UPOV share the information?
Third parties: Personal information about you supplied electronically as an individual subscriber will not be provided to any third party without your consent.
Aggregate disclosure only: UPOV will disclose information supplied electronically to third parties only in aggregate form.
Disclosure: UPOV will provide you all of your personal information provided electronically at registration upon request. This information will only be sent to the e-mail address on file or when the request is supported by the subscriber ID associated with it.
Fora: Any information you disclose when posting a message in any fora, listservers and message boards which UPOV may offer, becomes public. Moreover, subscribers who post a message in UPOV fora and similar services may make their e-mail address available to others through a feature of UPOV fora software, which could result in unsolicited e-mail from other subscribers or parties, for which UPOV declines responsibility.
4. Opting-Out, Corrections and Cancellations
Upon request, UPOV will:
Correct personal information that you state is erroneous; or permit you to “opt out” of further e-mail contact (excepting notification of major changes to the service), either on the original subscriber registration form or at any time subsequently, while still allowing access to the site.
Remove you and your personal information provided electronically from our database, thereby cancelling your registration.
To request a correction or cancellation, send an e-mail to the address provided to you at registration for this purpose.
Should you encounter any problems while using this website, please report the problems to us by e-mail and we will try to resolve them.