information on plant varieties, particularly variety denominations
information on GENera/specIEs protected by members and information related to DUS examination
UPOV Lex contains the legislation of members of the Union
- Where do I apply for protection of a variety?
- Can I obtain protection for more than one country from a single application?
- Who is responsible for enforcing plant breeders’ rights?
- Can I protect an existing plant or variety that I discover?
- Does the UPOV Convention allow a variety to be refused protection because it is genetically modified?
- Can I use plant variety protection to protect the following:
-a trait (e.g. disease resistance, flower color)
- a chemical or other substance (e.g. oil, DNA)
- a plant breeding technology (e.g. tissue culture)?
- Can I protect a hybrid variety under the UPOV system?
- Does UPOV allow molecular techniques (DNA profiles) in the examination of Distinctness, Uniformity and Stability (“DUS”)?